Thursday 1 January 2015

Welcome to the Year I Turn 40!

It's 2015.  I can't believe it.  This is (duh...duh...duh...da!) the year that I'll turn 40.  The big four-oh.  Over the hill.  One year closer to pushing up the daisies.

Nah...I'm just kidding.

I'm just turning forty.

I'm not dead yet.

I have friends who dread the passing of every year.  They dismay at each little wrinkle.

That's just not me.

I've earned each and every one of my laugh lines.  Sure...a few of them may have come from stress - but stress makes diamonds.  And I'm certainly getting there.

I have so much left to do!

This is the year that I'll get a new job.  And unlike before, I'm not going to limit myself - I'm going to jump out of my comfort zone and see what's out there.  It's time for a change.

This is the year that I'll tackle new things.  I plan (among other things) on visiting a local wind tunnel with my soon to be seven year old to experience weightlessness.  I've always wanted to go skydiving - but it's a little too risky with three kids and an ex-husband like mine - I'll wait until their older.

I also plan on ziplining with my son, and possibly (potentially) tubing over white water (we'll have to see if he's comfortable with it, he's not a particularly good swimmer).  If he's not coming...I may go anyway.

I might go to Vegas.  If not...I'm sure something else will pop up.  Maybe New Orleans.  That would be fun.  If not, I've never been to Chicago.  Or Rhode Island.  There is definitely some travel in my near future.

As of January, I'll have been writing and blogging for a whole year.  I understand most people don't make it past a couple of months.  I'm going to celebrate that too.  And I'm now a featured columnist on DivorcedMoms.com.  Look for new and interesting articles there shortly.  And I'm going to start branching out - it's time I get seen on other sites.  

I'm telling you - 2015 is going to be a great year.  What have you got planned?


Image Credit (edited):  "Fireworks" by sippakorn / freedigitalphotos.net

Follow Live by Surprise on TwitterGoogle+FacebookPinterest and Bloglovin 



No comments:

Post a Comment