Sunday 9 March 2014

A Delicate Situation: How Do You Tell a Friend They're in a Relationship with a Jerk

My girlfriend is in an abusive relationship.  I've tried talking to her.  Admittedly, I haven't been very supportive.  I've seen evidence of the abuse she takes from him.  There are photographs of ver bruised and scratched face after a particularly difficult day with him.  But she won't seek help.  She insists everything is fine.  That his behaviour is normal.  That it's her fault, not his.  It's in his nature.


Truth be told, I'm not sure if he's just a bully, or he's really evil.  I suspect it's the latter.  They're all the same.

I've taken almost every opportunity to try to convince her that this type of relationship is wrong.  It's unnatural.  That she could be in a very loving, nurturing and mutually beneficial relationship.  That she deserves kisses when she gets through the door.  Not to be ignored, and treated like a slave.

And one more thing?  I know this shouldn't bother me...but he's black.  

Yes...there...I've said it.  He's black.

You know what that means.

Come on.  Some of you won't admit to that prejudice.  But we all know what that means.  

And if you are reading this sweetie - this is the last time I'm going to say it, because I gather it's beginning to get on your nerves:

Cats are jerks.  You'd be much better off with a dog.

Love you though.


Follow Live by Surprise on TwitterGoogle+ and Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment